If you are interested in being a graduate student or a postdoctoral fellow in my lab, please send me an email so we can talk about openings in my lab and possibilities for research. To apply to work with me as a graduate student, you should apply to the Ph.D. program in Psychological Sciences at Vanderbilt University, with a concentration in Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience (CCN).
If you are interested in being an undergraduate research assistant, please read the following information:
Primary responsibilities of research assistants are coding conversational speech data, preparing stimuli for experiments and running subjects. Many of our experiments involve the use of a remote eye-tracker, which monitors the gaze of subjects as they complete the experiment. As a research assistant in the Conversation Lab, you will be trained on how to use the eye-tracker, as well as a number of other techniques for psychological research. A minimum commitment of 6-8 hours/ week is required. A set schedule for the semester is required, but there is flexibility in when you can schedule your hours for.
If you are an undergraduate student and would like to apply for a position in the Conversation Lab, please answer the questions below and email them to me at: email@example.com.
Application questions for conversation lab:
- Year in school & expected graduation date
- Do you have any research experience or coursework in experimental psychology?
- What languages do you speak?
- When & where (e.g. Kansas, England..) did you learn English?
- Which semester would you like to start?
- How many hours do you want to work per week?
- How many semesters would you like to do this research experience for?
- Why are you interested in this research experience?
- Your email address.